About Stewards of Children
Adults Resolving Child Sexual Abuse in Community
Darkness to Light's Stewards of Children is a revolutionary evidence-based sexual abuse prevention training program that educates adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse, and motivates them to courageous action. The Stewards of Children program is designed for organizations that serve children and youth, and any/all adults interested in protecting children.
The curriculum can be used by organizations and corporations who are:
- Seeking evidence-based training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse.
- Wanting to make a difference in their community by educating adults about the protection of children.
- Needing to respond to insurance requirements regarding child protection.
- Wanting to enhance community training initiatives and develop potential sources of revenue.
The program includes:
- An interactive workbook and a 7 Steps Guide for each participant containing the full program curriculum
- An accompanying 1 ¼ hour VHS/DVD integrating segments of sexual abuse survivors relating their stories of violation and healing, with segments from the author of the curriculum and from professionals who interface daily with the problem of sexual abuse
- Opportunity for discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within organizations that serve children and adolescents.
After training participants will:
- Understand the facts of child sexual abuse - incidence rates and effects on individuals and society
- Understand how child sexual abuse happens
- Understand that adults are responsible for the protection of children
- Understand the importance of screening staff/volunteers who work with children and adolescents
- Understand the importance of a well conceived one-adult/one-child policy
- Have resources to react responsibly to incidents of child sexual abuse
- Understand the proactive role youth-serving organizations need to take to protect children and educate their communities about child sexual abuse
How do organizations access the program?
If you are interested in the Stewards of Children
prevention program for your organization email
(843) 965-5444 x25
You may also
fill out our information request form.